Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Theatre Passe Muraille presents Same Same But Different by Anita Majumdar
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- Becoming Ourselves: How Immigrant Woman Transformed Their World
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku
Author Archives: Joyce Wong
San Francisco Asian American Film Festival The SFIAAFF is the largest and most prestigious showcase for new Asian American and Asian films in North America, annually presenting approximately 120 works in San Francisco, Berkeley and San Jose. Early deadline – … Continue reading
The Writers Guild of Canada (WGC) and Bell Media are calling for applications from western Canada to the Bell Media Diverse Screenwriters Program. The western Canada session of the Program will take place in Vancouver in December 2011.
Congratulations to Tiffany Hsiung for surpassing her Kickstarter goal of $50,000 to fund WITHIN EVERY WOMAN, her documentary that explores the forgotten history of “The Comfort Woman”, a term used to describe over 200,000 girls who were forced into sexual … Continue reading
The Toronto International Film Festival is hiring for the positions of: Senior Coordinator, Videography Production Manager, Content Management Director, Content Management Nexus Assistant Assistant Production Manager Click on the links for full job description.
The Toronto Urban Film Festival (TUFF), the only festival of its kind in North America, reaches over 1.3 million subway commuters daily. Internationally acclaimed Canadian filmmaker, Atom Egoyan, will guest judge the fifth annual Toronto Urban Film Festival (TUFF), awarding … Continue reading
The Regent Park Film Festival has extended their call for submissions! the Deadline is now MAY 20, 2011 (NO ENTRY FEE) Post-dated. Submit Online at www.regentparkfilmfestival.com
Reel Asian is looking for enthusiastic and creative individuals to join the Marketing Committee with an interest in Asian film and previous experience in public relations, marketing or communications. Marketing Committee volunteers will excel at building relationships with community organizations … Continue reading
LIFT opened it’s new facility on Dupont Street in the Spring of 2009 and since then we have seen over 500 films and videos emerging from the centre each year. The LIFT facility offers dedicated resources for film training and … Continue reading
Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT) SUMMER 2011 FILM AND DIGITAL WORKSHOPS We have over 45 workshops this season! Registration opens TUESDAY MAY 17th at 10AM at our facility located at 1137 Dupont Street (at Gladstone Avenue), Toronto ON … Continue reading
The Funds offer completion grants and no-interest development loans with an aim to increase the quantity and quality of social, cultural and political one-off documentaries produced in Canada by Canadian-based production companies. Applications are now being accepted – Deadline is … Continue reading