Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Theatre Passe Muraille presents Same Same But Different by Anita Majumdar
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- Becoming Ourselves: How Immigrant Woman Transformed Their World
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku
Author Archives: Louanne Chan
Do you know an emerging media professional interested in deepening or refreshing their media education? Someone who is transitioning to a new area of the business? Someone that is new to the Canada screen-based industry and needs an in-depth overview? … Continue reading
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the full-time position of: COORDINATOR, FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING Tweet this!
Planet in Focus is Canada’s largest environmental film festival and this year their annual event returns on November 21-24, 2013 with filmmaker and activist Zacharias Kunuk and Chris Hadfield as the recipients of their Eco-Heroes Award. Here are our picks … Continue reading
TAAFI, Toronto’s Animation Fest is excited to announce that the 3rd annual TAAFI Call for Submissions 2014 has officially opened and submissions remain free of cost now until December 15 via taafi.com/submit. TAAFI will be back at TIFF Bell Lightbox and … Continue reading
Thank you to the U of T Design in Design Committee for finding a way to make stats fun (and here we were thinking it wasn’t possible). Like the breadth films that Reel Asian offers, our audiences are made up … Continue reading
Last year, I was approached by U of T student Joe Park who was starting a new student group called Design in Design. They are made up students with design skills who lend their creative services to other student-run organizations. … Continue reading
Wavelengths is TIFF’s programme of experimental and avant-garde works. This year’s programme features a number of filmmakers and films from across Asia. Highlights include: Tweet this!
I was first introduced to Elaine Poon‘s work when it was screened at the Toronto Youth Shorts Film Festival back in 2010. In 2011, she participated as a finalist in Reel Asian’s So You Think You Can Pitch? competition where … Continue reading
Our friends from Images Festival are looking for a new Operations Manager to help plan and execute the North America’s largest exhibitor of independent and experimental moving image culture event. This is a year-round position reporting to the Executive Director. … Continue reading
Last year, Reel Asian screened Tadashi Nakamura‘s documentary on the legendary ukulele musician Jake Shimabukuro. Not only were audience members were treated to an awe-inspiring story, they also enjoyed a live performance by Toronto based ukulele prodigy Adrianne Chan and … Continue reading