Get Blog Updates via Email
- Contact Photography Film Festival 2013
- Asian Heritage Month Film Screenings (TPL)
- Taiwan Sublime in Film
- The World of Taiyo Matsumoto
- RUNG: South Asian Heritage Day at ROM
- Punjabi International Film Festival
- The Reel Thing film screening of "Midnight's Children"
- fu-GEN's 10th Anniversary Gala Fundraiser
- "Mountains That Take Wing" Film Screening
- Kim's Convenience
- Asian Heritage Month co-presentation: Mountains That Take Wing
- Innoversity Creative Summit 2013
- The Family China: A Smashathon
- Doin' Good: New Contemporary Asian Shorts
- Red Snow Collective Benefit Spring Concert
Author Archives: Chris Chin
Sprockets, the Toronto International Film Festival for Children & Youth, will take place April 5-11 at their new home, the Bell Lightbox. April (like Spring) seems like a long ways away, but the Sprockets trailer is already on YouTube and … Continue reading
The 2011 edition of South By Southwest (SXSW) Festival, the inspiration behind Toronto’s own North By Northeast (NXNE) Festival, unfolds next month in Austin, Texas. Once primarily known as a music festival, SXSW’s film lineup is quickly making a name for itself. … Continue reading
Vancouver-based filmmaker Ann Marie Fleming‘s films have been screened at Reel Asian many times over the years, most recently Window Horses (Karaoke Project) last year. Her beautiful I Was The Child of Holocaust Survivors was recently selected as one of … Continue reading
While we often shorten it to just “RA”, it’s worth remembering that we’re the Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival. We try very hard not just to show local audiences the world of East and Southeast Asian film, but to … Continue reading
Louanne and I stopped by the First Canadian Place Gallery last night for the opening reception of the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition (TOAE)‘s Best of 2010 exhibit. We were there to take a peek at all the great art and … Continue reading
The Next Stage Theatre Festival, the winter showcase of the Fringe of Toronto, is on now through the 14th of January. There are eight plays and of the four I’m seeing, two have connections to Reel Asian. Tweet this!
Working at Hot Docs, more awards for Redress Remix, and an Asian P.O.V. Tweet this!
Some post-festival follow-ups for our friends & filmmakers… Tweet this!