Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku
Author Archives: Made in Canada Jon
It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since the last Reel Asian, let alone fourteen when it all began! There’s only a week to go until the festival fires back up again hotter than drinking a whole bottle of … Continue reading
Just checking in to wish everyone a happy Chinese new year. Have a good rabbit! Tweet this!
Just stumbled upon Lush Cosmetic’s new viral for the launch of their Gorilla Perfume gallery launch in Tokyo. http://www.vip-youtube.com/watch?v=v6-M6wS1TP4 You have to visit the link above and it tweaks You Tube something crazy. They also revealed their Christmas advery which … Continue reading
Wednesday night was the very end of the Reel Asian gig for me with a big party for the volunteers at Dazzling. It was tempuratastic with lots of giveaways that never seemed to stop. Operations manager Chris amazingly still had … Continue reading
The dust had hardly settled on the sunset of the festival before it was time for a reunion! Last night was the staff appreciation party at Central. After looking up a map to get to the venue I was convinced … Continue reading
Only a tad late, well seven tads if you call days tads. Here’s some Sunday reading: Wow what a whirlwind romance it was! The six day relationship came to an abrupt end as Reel Asian wrapped for another year. I … Continue reading
So I’m bad with birthdays (sorry Robyn) and so it seems I’m belated with Blogs too here’s what happened a week ago: Late to bed early to rise, the NFB was soon becoming my home for the festival. At 10am … Continue reading
Day Five in Three Photos 1.Master Class 2.Toilet Love 3.Rice Dreams http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs919.snc4/73248_170206576342271_151709788191950_466917_1842450_n.jpg Tweet this!
I’m a bit bewildered by blogging but it seems to be going well, what do you think? So today is Saturday and I’m writing about Friday. Which ever way you look at it, it’s the festival weekend! Day Four started … Continue reading
Day Four video highlights: Suite Suite appreciation. Karaoke! Tweet this!