Vancouver-based filmmaker Ann Marie Fleming‘s films have been screened at Reel Asian many times over the years, most recently Window Horses (Karaoke Project) last year. Her beautiful I Was The Child of Holocaust Survivors was recently selected as one of TIFF’s Top Ten 2010 and now she is being honoured with Women in Film & Television Vancouver (WIFTV)‘s first-ever Artistic Innovation Award. The award is part of WIFTV’s annual Spotlight Awards, a gala show that will kick off this year’s edition of the Vancouver Women in Film Festival. The 6th edition of VWIFF takes place March 4-6 this year and on the jury is none other than Su-An Ng, whose Nature On Its Course won our Animasian Award last year — an award inaugurated by…Ann Marie Fleming! So it all comes full circle. Reel Asian is very proud to have both these talented, award-winning Asian Canadian female animators in our family of filmmakers.Tweet this!
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- Film: Like Father, Like Son
- Food on Film Presentation of Chungking Express
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts Presents The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku