The Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre (CFMDC) is seeking proposals from artists for a Commissioning Project Grant to celebrate their 45th anniversary in 2012.
We are seeking proposals for 9 commissioned films, x 5 minutes in length (not four, not six). Deadline: Submissions must be received by mail or in person by 5:00PM on April 29, 2011.
There are no parameters to content, the proviso is that the works be made, at least in part, on film. We will be partnering with LIFT, and Niagara Custom Lab, to provide services and resources to support the projects.
All submissions should include:
• project description/artist statement (Maximum 500 words.)
• curriculum vitae(s)
• short bio(s)
• documentation of previous media art work – CFMDC filmmakers may reference their filmography with CFMDC as support material
• a production timeline
• technical support and equipment requirements
Selected participants will be provided with:
- an artist fee of $1500.00, contingent upon completion for the premiere screening in the Spring of 2012
- a temporary LIFT Membership
- A $3000.00 equipment and workshop credit in your name to be used at Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT), and Niagara Custom Labs. This credit is valid for workshops, equipment and facilities usage, stock purchase, and processing.
- Provide an additional $1500.00 for production costs outside of LIFT and Niagara Custom Lab (based on receipts
- A world premiere screening of your project in the Spring of 2012.
Selected proposals are contingent on the receipt of funding, yet to be secured, and amounts are subject to change. Production will begin in Fall of 2011. All artists must have full copyright of their projects. All films will remain the property of the artists, however, CFMDC will have exclusive distribution rights for first three years.
Artists must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants. Both emerging and established artists are encouraged to apply.
Send applications to:
CFMDC : XLV
119-401 Richmond St. West
Toronto, Ontario M5V 3A8 CANADA
No e-mail submissions please
Have you made an animated short film in the last 18 months? Want it to screen to a packed house as part of the fantastic TAIS Showcase this June? Then submit! The Toronto Animated Image Society (TAIS) is seeking independent animated films completed after June 2009 that are under 15 minutes in length for the TAIS ANIMATION SHOWCASE Screening this June 23, 2011 at Innis Town Hall (University of Toronto, 2 Sussex Avenue). All genres, techniques & themes accepted, both narrative and non-narrative. Artist fees paid for all screened films. No entry fee.
Films should be submitted ONLY as QuickTime movie files on DVD/CD or via a download link for the file(s). Please send either a 1280 x 720 Quicktime movie file or a 720 x 480 Quicktime movie file using our preferred codecs ProRes or Photo Jpeg with 48kHz sound.
Send your submission to:
Toronto Animated Image Society TAIS Showcase 2011
60 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 102
Toronto, Ontario M6K 1X9
Please include the completed submission form (downloadable at http://www.tais.ca/animationshowcase_submissionform.pdf) , an artist bio and two film stills (tiff or jpg @ 300 dpi – 2 x 3). Description, bio, contact info and download links may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or included in mailed submission package. Please do not send large files via email.
Deadline for submissions: Monday, May 16, 2011, 5:00 pm
For more info, visit www.tais.caTweet this!