Chris and I attended RUFF on Friday to celebrate the premiere of former RA Programming Assistant Anna-Marie Cheung’s film – THE DIAMOND SEA. The programme left me speechless with amazement, with incredible storytelling, casting, acting, and production elements. Anna’s film, about young heartbreak and friendship, rang painfully true, while second-half opener IN LIEU OF FLOWERS totally transported you to 1920s small town Ontario and a young girl’s all too familiar dilemma. This incredible group of students, graduates of Ryerson’s Image Arts Program, is sure to be coming to a festival and theater near you. I can’t wait to see what they do next.Tweet this!
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku