On this latest recent sunny Saturday morning (Nov 14), filmmakers of varying experiences packed themselves into a dark auditorium for the opportunity to pitch their film ideas in front of an eager audience and panel of jurors. Informative for the pitchers and entertaining for the crowd, these pitches included an evangelical-like preach, a drag routine and a short idea that was so funny it could have been a stand-up routine. The panel of jurors – consisting of Lila Karim, Nobu Adilman and Eileen Arandiga – imparted their knowledge and advice to the very creative crowd. Winners of the two categories – Emerging Artist and Professional –will receive prize packs to help further their careers and will be announced prior to the closing film on Sunday.Tweet this!
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- Film: Like Father, Like Son
- Food on Film Presentation of Chungking Express
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts Presents The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku