Last Thursday Chris, Heather, Selena and I attended the opening of the 21st Annual Inside Out LGBT Toronto Film Festival. Our evening began at the VIP reception at KWT Gallery where we had a chance to catch up with old friends and make news ones too. We then made our way over to TIFF Lightbox (Inside Out’s new home this year) to watch the flirty Italian film Loose Cannons (Mine Vaganti) directed by Ferzan Ozpetek – a fun choice for Opening Night and judging by the audience’s lively reactions, I would say it was enjoyed by all. Before heading to the after party at OCAD’s Great Hall, the RA crew stopped in Chinatown for some Minerva Owl bimbimbap, spicy tofu soup and bulgogi – fulfilling but not nearly as tasty as the Owl on Bloor. Major highlight of the after party – a fabulous dance by ILL NANA dance company – both tasty and fulfilling. Looking forward to the continuing festivities this week!Tweet this!
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- Film: Like Father, Like Son
- Food on Film Presentation of Chungking Express
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts Presents The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku