An offbeat comedy that shows how one song from a band with five members saved the world from the foretold 2012 destruction. Japanese director Yoshihiro Nakamura did a great job of bouncing around years and leaving little hints to how each story was interrelated with the others. The movie is chock-full of a various characters from a pre-Sex Pistols punk band, doomsday prophets inept at calculations, a hero who champions justice, and a mistranslation that is inadvertently responsible for it all. It’s hard to say more without giving too much away. Bottom line, a fun film that’s unlike any other doomsday one to date.Tweet this!
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku