Alison S. M. Kobayashi is a visual artist working in video, performance,
installation and drawing. Her latest work “New and Lesser Known Works” is presented by the Feminist Art Gallery + LIFT. Reel Asian has screened Alison’s Dan Carter, From Alex to Alex, Do Good, Lose Yourself, and Pleasure Dome.
A video screening and artist talk including early works and rarely seen
videos by Alison S. M. Kobayashi such as; “Eat Your Words” and “Period 4L,”
along with new video, “Hungry Kitty,” and a 16mm short made with the support of LIFT’s Poetry Projections III Grant. Presented in conjunction with the exhibition, A.S.M.K. + F.A.G., which opens on June 30th and runs until July 27th, 2011.
For more information visit http://www.asmk.ca
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- Film: Like Father, Like Son
- Food on Film Presentation of Chungking Express
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts Presents The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku