Filipino Canadian filmmaker Romeo Candido is working on Prison Dancer, an original interactive web series inspired by the viral Youtube phenomenon Dancing Inmates of Cebu! Filled with catchy pop tunes, star-crossed lovers, and interactive audience engagement, this new project has been described as “Glee meets Miss Saigon”. Can you say A-MAY-ZING. Romeo’s debut feature Lolo’s Child opened Reel Asian in 2002 and Prison Dancer has been selected to close this year’s San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival! Help Romeo and his team speed up the post-production by supporting his campaign on Kickstarter here. 19 days left to reach their $42,000 goal. Trailer here.Tweet this!
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- Becoming Ourselves: How Immigrant Woman Transformed Their World
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku