RA filmmaker Mingu Kim is launching the first ever Arirang Korea Smartphone Film Festival this Spring! This festival is currently open for submissions and looking for short films that are (yup, you guessed it!) made on a smartphone camera. This event is open to participants of ALL ages. The only requirement is that your film must include themes of Korean culture. They also just announced a $1,500 cash prize for the winner. Find out more about the Smartphone Film Festival on their Facebook page or watch their Youtube promo here. Reel Asian screened Mingu’s documentary A Drummer’s Passion in 2011. Mingu was also one of the So You Think You Can Pitch? competition finalists in 2010.Tweet this!
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku