TIFF is looking for a new Programming Associate – Documentaries, Festival Programming and Assistant, Volunteer & Intern Resources.
PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATE - DOCUMENTARIES, FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Festival Programming, the Programming Associate for Documentaries is responsible for screening and providing structured feedback on unsolicited documentary film submissions, for providing administrative support to the Festival’s International Documentary Programmer in the lead up to and during the Festival and for facilitating events and screenings related to the Festival’s documentary selection.
• Researching and tracking international documentary films as directed;
• Pre-screening unsolicited, and solicited (the latter only as directed), documentary submissions;
• Writing reports on screened submissions, according to established templates;
• Uploading reports to the relevant database record in a timely manner;
• Assisting with programme note writing as directed;
• Becoming familiar with the invited films in the Festival’s documentary selection, including the companies attached and the guests that will be attending the Festival;
• Conducting community outreach for the Festival’s documentary selection according to established processes of the Festival Programming and Marketing departments;
• Liaising with the Festival’s documentary selection’s guests and the Guest Services team re: travel and accommodation arrangements in the lead up to and during the Festival;
• Working with the Interpreters’ Manager, Festival Programming to ensure that any interpretation requests from the Festival’s documentary guests are met;
• Working with the relevant Festival Publicist to coordinate interview opportunities for guests associated with the Festival’s documentary selection;
• Assisting with coordinating invitations to official Festival events;
• Coordinating and hosting Programmer dinners;
• Introducing films and moderating Q&A sessions as necessary;
• Providing additional administrative support to the Festival’s International Documentary Programmer and the Festival Programming department as necessary.
Contract Dates: May 21, 2012 – September 21, 2012
• Knowledge of documentary cinema and its film industry;
• Previous pre-screening or programming experience;
• Experience writing about film (criticism, essays, articles);
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with a keen eye for detail;
• Proficiency with computers and applications (including Microsoft Office Suite and FoxPro or similar relational database);
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
• Able to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace;
• Excellent phone manner, communication fluency and interpersonal skills;
• Experience speaking in front of large groups and interacting with audiences;
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
• Degree or diploma in Film Studies or related area preferred;
• Previous experience in a festival setting considered an asset.
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Wednesday, April 11 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of Hiring Committee: Programming Associate – Documentaries, Festival Programming
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
For more details on the Assistant, Volunteer & Intern Resources position, click here. Apply by April 11th, 2012Tweet this!