SAW Video seeks a Media Arts Programmer to plan and implement our ongoing dynamic media arts programming. (Hit the jump for more information)
SAW Video’s Programmer oversees all aspects of presentation programming at SAW Video including: curating programs; planning, organizing, and presenting screenings, exhibitions and other media arts events; preparing grant applications for programming activities in conjunction with SAW Video’s Director; negotiating artist and curator fees, coordinating travel and accommodation for guest artists and curators; writing promotional and critical text on programming events; overseeing the design and production of programming materials; updating programming section of the website; fostering collaborations with presenting partners locally, nationally, and internationally; and attending regional and national festivals/events related to media art when possible.
Hours of work: 32 hours per week (4 days a week)
Starting wage: $16 per hour plus dental/health benefits
The selected individual will have:
- A minimum of 3 years media arts curatorial experience;
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary media art practice and the media arts milieu in Canada and abroad;
- Proven grant and critical writing experience;
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Proficiency with design software an asset;
- Bilingualism is a strong asset.
Deadline for applications: Friday, August 20th, 2010 at 5pm
Please submit by mail, fax, or email the following documents:
- A letter of intent (up to 2 pages) describing your skills and experience as they relate to this position
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
- Three references with names, positions and contact information
Hiring Committee – Programmer
SAW Video Association
67 Nicholas St., Ottawa, Ontario K1N 7B9
Phone: (613) 238-7648 / Fax: (613) 238-4617
SAW Video is committed to employment equity. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About SAW Video:
SAW Video is an artist-run centre committed to support ground-breaking artistic production, presentation and programming of independent video and media art. SAW Video provides many services to its membership including affordable technical facilities, and a wide range of programmes designed to create an atmosphere that will inspire production through the exchange of ideas around form, content and style.
In addition to providing affordable access to video production and post-production facilities, our activities include production support programmes for video artists, a comprehensive range of introductory, inter-mediate and advanced workshops and as well as screenings and exhibitions. For more information on SAW Video, check out our web site: www.sawvideo.com.
SAW Video – Centre for the Media Arts
67 Nicholas Street, Ottawa, Ontario CANADA K1N 7B9
tel. (613) 238-7648 / (613) 238-4617 fax