Congrats to Reel Asian filmmaker Jonathan Ng, whose REQUIEM FOR ROMANCE won the $1000 Canadian Shortwork Award (presented by Kokanee) at the Whistler Film Festival! This film also won our Animasian Award at Reel Asian 2012, and was developed in part through our SO YOU THINK YOU CAN PITCH? programme, where it won the established category in 2009. Ng served on our Canadian & Shorts Jury in 2011 and has been a big part of the Reel Asian family for many years. We’re so proud!Tweet this!
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku