The skies cleared up just in time for After Dark’s presentation of Junko’s Shamisen and Robogeisha last night. Junko’s Shamisen (directed by Sol Friedman) was a nice surprise for audience members who may not have been expecting this playful but macabre short work. I have to say that the After Dark audiences are so much fun – the cheering begins with the film festival trailer and the energy stays strong through the whole screening! This is what film festivals are all about. Alien vs. Ninja has more in store tonight!Tweet this!
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku