Just before the screening of Killing of a Chinese Cookie this evening, Chris and I scoped out the food pavilion looking for potential vendors for the festival… and found Spring Rolls (long-time RA supporter) offering a little Dim Sum 101! Recently, I have had more than a couple of friends confess that they had never tried dimsum because the whole ordering process was too much of a mystery – so [at the risk of this posting sounding like too much of a blatant plug] I was happy to see that Spring Rolls is attempting to de-mystify dimsum for the un-initiated with a glossy menu and big shiny pictures. I can’t vouch for the taste, since we had to run back in to greet the audience at the screening, but process-wise, it can’t get much easier than this. Dim sum 201: Rol San?Tweet this!
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku