I was first introduced to Elaine Poon‘s work when it was screened at the Toronto Youth Shorts Film Festival back in 2010. In 2011, she participated as a finalist in Reel Asian’s So You Think You Can Pitch? competition where she pitched a short film project in front of a live jury and audience. Since then, Elaine has continued to screen her work at festivals around Toronto and is currently Production Designer on a new 12 episode series called Kid’s Town, along with Director of Photography Bai Zhou (who has also done work with RA community partner TheOmelet) and and Director Mikelle Virey. Check out this behind the scenes video of the new show here!Tweet this!
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Theatre Passe Muraille presents Same Same But Different by Anita Majumdar
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- Becoming Ourselves: How Immigrant Woman Transformed Their World
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku