Workman Arts is hiring an energetic Marketing and Development Director to provide strategic planning and execution of marketing and development for the organization and its projects. Application deadline is September 10th, 2010.
Position Type: Contract – full-time
Job Region: ON – Metro Toronto Area
Application Deadline: September 10, 2010
Location: Downtown Toronto
Career Level: Experienced – minimum 2 years
* Organize and implement a corporate campaign including sponsorships
* Research, formally solicit, make presentations, and secure corporate sponsorships for key Workman Arts programs and initiatives
* Write compelling grant applications to foundations, government and other granting agencies
* Organize and implement a campaign for individual giving
* Solicit donations-in-kind to support operations and special projects
* Plan and implement sustaining fundraising systems and campaigns; expand existing sustaining fundraising activities including direct, mail, special events and personal contacts
* Identify, solicit and follow up prospective and existing sponsorships
* Develop and implement new communications and fundraising strategies
* Identify and research prospective private and small business donors
* Develop proposals for prospective donors
* Motivate and follow up volunteer canvassers
* Provide staff support and participate in the planning and implementation of fundraising special events
* Research the development of new donor markets
* Develops an integrated marketing/communications strategy that includes an audience development program(s) and communications strategies
* Revises and/or writes the content of news releases, ads, letters (e.g. direct mail letter), newsletters, invitations, Annual Report, etc.
* Utilizes social media tools to promote awareness (Facebook, twitter, etc.)
* Assists in the coordination of audio visual, display and promotional needs
* Provides support to publicists for specific events (festivals, national tours, etc)
* Coordinates public relations projects and maintains regular contact with agencies and others; includes ad buys/swaps and related materials (event descriptions, etc.)
* Keeps up on current events, and may be called upon to deal with the media
* Assists in the development and implementation of corporate communications strategies
* Recommends strategies and follows up with both internal and external stakeholders
* Coordinates and assists in the writing, editing and production and distribution of communication tools (e-blasts, letters, brochures, etc.); acts as the Editor of the corporate newsletter(s)
* Overseas web and social media: Manages website content and ensures all information is up-to-date, current and relevant (including Workmanarts.com, Rendezvouswithmadness.com and Facebook); works with service provider and designers where necessary.
* Is responsible for maintaining an up-to-date log of the mention of Workman Arts and it’s related projects in the media (print, radio, television); maintains branding and marketing files and support materials (logos, headshots, promotional imaging, etc.)
* Develop current audiences and new relationships with community organizations
* Work with the TDSB to secure school audiences for WA programming and coordinate related support materials
* Work with the Program Team and Educational Coordinator to ensure targeted audiences attend events
* Contact current community groups through our database, the Blue Book, and internet to let them know about the upcoming events
* Target specific groups/organizations for particular events
* Identify new organizations who fit with our events
* Send out email and fax blasts using current database lists and follow-up with appropriate person/organization
Participates and provides support to marketing and development committees:
* Maintain confidential records and files
* Review and edit reports to the committees
* Prepare correspondence for committee members
* Schedule and attend committee meetings; prepare agendas and related materials; record and distribute minutes
* Answer phones, direct calls and respond to inquiries
* Facilitating mail/couriers
* Responsible for managing related files on the database
This position will at times be responsible for supervising designers, printers, editors and writers to ensure production deadlines are met, interns and volunteers.
* Post secondary education and certification in fundraising and/or marketing with a minimum of 2 years of experience
* Excellent English (French an asset), both spoken and written
* Marked ability to coordinate and implement development and marketing strategies and to manage projects and/or events
* Team player with leadership skills: ability and desire to interact with people at all management levels
* Organization, attention to detail, initiative
* Results oriented
* Experience in a nonprofit environment
* Ability to work flexible hours when required
* Comprehensive computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
* Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
* Must be able to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters
* Superior communication skills, both oral and written to ensure information is conveyed in a professional manner
* Experience and/or understanding of mental illness and addiction
Workman Arts is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from all interested individuals.
No telephone calls please. Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume by email, fax or mail.
Resumes will be accepted beginning August 31, 2010. We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Compensation Type: $50,000 + comprehensive health benefits package
Job Contact Information
Workman Arts Project of Ontario
651 Dufferin Street
Toronto, ON M6K 2B2
Fax: (416) 583-4354
For more information on Workman Arts visit: http://workmanarts.com
Workman Arts Project of Ontario is a multi-disciplinary, not-for-profit professional arts company that facilitates aspiring, emerging and established artists with mental illness and addiction issues to develop and refine their art form through its arts training programs, public performance/exhibit opportunities and partnering with other art organizations. As well, WA promotes a greater public understanding of mental illness and addiction through the creation, presentation and discussion of the artistic media.
Workman Arts has 12,000 square feet of arts space; offers arts training to its members; and organizes the annual Rendezvous with Madness Film Festival, the Being Scene Art Exhibition and national and international theatre productions.Tweet this!