My friend Janet Lumb heads up Accès Asie, Montréal’s festival of Asian arts and culture held during May of each year. They just celebrated their 15th year, making them Canada’s oldest and longest-running Asian Heritage Month (AHM) festival. This weekend they’re hosting the first ever Asian Heritage Month Symposium, inviting people and organizations from across the country to meet, share knowledge, and coordinate strategies. Thanks to a travel grant from the Canada Council for the Arts‘ Equity Office, I am on a train heading east to represent Reel Asian at the symposium. Yes, I look like a dork. (That’s not the Council’s fault though.) It’ll be fun to see all our Montréal friends and contacts, and invite them to this year’s Reel Asian.Tweet this!
Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku