Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Theatre Passe Muraille presents Same Same But Different by Anita Majumdar
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- Becoming Ourselves: How Immigrant Woman Transformed Their World
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku
Tag Archives: Film Festival
The 2011 edition of South By Southwest (SXSW) Festival, the inspiration behind Toronto’s own North By Northeast (NXNE) Festival, unfolds next month in Austin, Texas. Once primarily known as a music festival, SXSW’s film lineup is quickly making a name for itself. … Continue reading
Vancouver-based filmmaker Ann Marie Fleming‘s films have been screened at Reel Asian many times over the years, most recently Window Horses (Karaoke Project) last year. Her beautiful I Was The Child of Holocaust Survivors was recently selected as one of … Continue reading
The 29th San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival (SFIAAFF) has announced their programming! This annual event is the largest and most prestigious of its kind and we often look to them for inspiration and advice (just like an older … Continue reading
While we often shorten it to just “RA”, it’s worth remembering that we’re the Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival. We try very hard not just to show local audiences the world of East and Southeast Asian film, but to … Continue reading
Filmmaker Updates: Cuong Ngo, Jonathan Ng, Jeff Chiba Stearns, Randall Okita, Jason Karman, Stephanie Comilang, David Frankovich, Apitchatpong Weerasethakul
Jonathan Ng‘s Alpha Beta Complex, Jeff Chiba Stearns’ One Big Hapa Family, Randall Okita’s Fish In Barrel and Jason Karman’s I’m In The Mood For Love are screening at the DC Asian Pacific American Film Festival (Oct. 7-16, 2010). Cuong … Continue reading
Joyce and I had the pleasure of attending the first ever press conference for the 11th Annual Planet in Focus International Environmental Film + Video Festival at the ROM this morning. From beginning to end, we were reminded of the … Continue reading
Check out the Indie Lounge Talent Lab at the Grand River Film Festival. Download the application here. Tweet this!
Download application at Planet in Focus’ website. Tweet this!
The skies cleared up just in time for After Dark’s presentation of Junko’s Shamisen and Robogeisha last night. Junko’s Shamisen (directed by Sol Friedman) was a nice surprise for audience members who may not have been expecting this playful but … Continue reading