Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Theatre Passe Muraille presents Same Same But Different by Anita Majumdar
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- Becoming Ourselves: How Immigrant Woman Transformed Their World
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku
Tag Archives: Philbert Lui
A selection of winners from the 2012 Toronto Youth Shorts Film Festival will be airing on Rogers TV the next two weeks and amongst the selections are work from Reel Asian friends. On the week of September 10-16, three short … Continue reading
Who doesn’t love night markets, especially Asian style ones? What can be better than the smell of stinky tofu as it fills the air while you make your way through rows and rows of assorted Asian treats with a hollowed … Continue reading
Our friends from sketch-comedy troupe Asiansploitation return with their newest offering – Asiansploitation Goes Deep. You may remember troupe member Franco as Reel Asian’s dapper and dandy poster man-child last year. And to give us more insight on this new … Continue reading
Just when you thought Phil was gone…he strikes again with another BananaTimes review, this time on our upcoming presentation Starry Starry Night. Tweet this!
Last year, Philbert Lui was the guest blog critic for several of our 2011 selections. Philbert also happens to be an emerging filmmaker AND a member of the Reel Asian Marketing Committee AND the founder of BananaTimes. If you don’t … Continue reading
The Toronto Youth Shorts Film Festival is bringing back their T24 Project 24 hour film challenge on Friday February 10. The T24 Project is a unique 24 hour film challenge unlike any other. For one night, teams of local young/emerging … Continue reading
BananaTimes reviews Surrogate Valentine and tells us why it sucks to be in “The Friend Zone”. Surrogate Valentine is screening at Reel Asian on Sunday, November 13, 3:00 PM at The Royal. Philbert Lui is a 2011 Reel Asian Marketing … Continue reading
Check out TheBananaTimes’ review of one of this year’s Korean selection, Bleak Night here. The Toronto premiere of Bleak Night will be screening at Reel Asian on Saturday, November 12, 2:45 PM at The Royal and again in Richmond Hill … Continue reading
Hello everyone. HELLO TAI!!! *looks straight into his Blackberry* This is Henry here – some of you may have seen me lurking around the office and festival events over the last two years working in various capacities. Well, I just … Continue reading
Philbert Lui recently participated in the Toronto Youth Shorts Film Festival T24 Project* completing a short film called S2 in (yup, you guessed it) 24 short hours. Tweet this!