Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku
Tag Archives: Reel Asian 2010
Yung Chang’s most recent documentary The Fruit Hunters will be presented as a two-party program on CBC’s The Nature of Things on February 21 & 28. The first episode, The Evolution of Desires, will explore the origins of fruit’s diversity … Continue reading
I Was a Child of Holocaust Survivors (directed by Ann Marie Fleming and produced by Michael Fukushima) won the JI Segal – Michael Moskovitz Award for a Film on a Jewish Theme last week! Congrats to them both. Reel Asian … Continue reading
Mingu Kim’s documentary A Drummer’s Passion will be screening at this year’s inaugural Toronto Korean Film Festival as part of the Korean Canadian Shorts program on June 26, 2012 7:00PM at Innis Town Hall. A Drummer’s Passion follows the legendary … Continue reading
Check out what RA filmmakers Gerry Balasta, Mingu Kim and Jeff Chiba Stearns are up to… Tweet this!
Filmmaker Updates: Daichi Saito, Jeff Chiba Stearns, Stephanie Law, Midi Onodera, Devil Music Ensemble
Check out what RA filmmakers and artists are up to… Tweet this!
Shasha Nakhai and Rich Williamson’s The Sugar Bowl will be screening at the AmerAsia Film Festival in Montreal this March! The Sugar Bowl premiered at Reel Asian in 2011 as part of the Trailblazers Shorts Program. In celebration of LIFT‘s … Continue reading
Toronto-based new media artist Tad Hozumi will be exhibiting his work at Gallery 44 as part of Proof. The exhibition is on from June 24 – July 30. Opening Reception on Friday, June 24, 6PM-9PM. Tad played at Reel Asian’s … Continue reading
On Saturday night, Lesley Chan and I attended the preview screening of Cuong Ngo’s Oriental Pearls, a project that we were eagerly anticipating since the launch of its trailer last year. This feature film was filmed in picturesque Vietnam and … Continue reading