Get Blog Updates via Email
- "Space Fictions" Exhibitions & Artist Talk by Jacqueline Hoang Nguyen and Juan Ortiz-Apuy
- Royal Ontario Museum's The Forbidden City Opens Saturday March 8
- “Yinglish/Englishized Cantonese” and Cultural Identities in Hong Kong
- Cultural Translation and Chinese-Canadian Studies Workshop
- The Joy Luck Club
- Steve James Masterclass, Screening & Lab, March 22-23
- Film Screening "Unforgiven"
- The Second City Outreach & Diversity Weekend (and Auditions)
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Uri Mayer with Jae-Won Kim
- The Royal Conservatory 2013.14 Concert Season: Mariko Anraku
Tag Archives: Reel Asian 2011
I was first introduced to Elaine Poon‘s work when it was screened at the Toronto Youth Shorts Film Festival back in 2010. In 2011, she participated as a finalist in Reel Asian’s So You Think You Can Pitch? competition where … Continue reading
Korean American filmmaker Jennifer Cho Suhr is currently raising funds to complete her new short film and thesis project Out There, a story of Ollie, an eight year old boy, who is abruptly abandoned by his mother and left with his … Continue reading
Mingu Kim’s documentary A Drummer’s Passion will be screening at this year’s inaugural Toronto Korean Film Festival as part of the Korean Canadian Shorts program on June 26, 2012 7:00PM at Innis Town Hall. A Drummer’s Passion follows the legendary … Continue reading
Check out what RA filmmakers Gerry Balasta, Mingu Kim and Jeff Chiba Stearns are up to… Tweet this!
Filmmaker Updates: Daichi Saito, Jeff Chiba Stearns, Stephanie Law, Midi Onodera, Devil Music Ensemble
Check out what RA filmmakers and artists are up to… Tweet this!
Congrats to Japanese animation artist Koji Yamamura and NFB Producer Michael Fukushima and their team on their recent Genie nomination for 2012 Best Animated Short for Muybridge’s Strings! Based on the life and work of photographer Eadweard Muybridge, this wonderfully … Continue reading
Shasha Nakhai and Rich Williamson’s The Sugar Bowl will be screening at the AmerAsia Film Festival in Montreal this March! The Sugar Bowl premiered at Reel Asian in 2011 as part of the Trailblazers Shorts Program. In celebration of LIFT‘s … Continue reading
With the holiday season just around the corner, it is definitely the time to give and receive. With crowd-funding becoming more common, sites like IndieGoGo and Kickstarter have given filmmakers a new and immediate way to raise awareness and cash … Continue reading
Once the balloons had time to settle there was one last party to end the festival events behind the scenes. As a thank you to all the volunteers that put their hard work & time in to this year’s event … Continue reading