National Film Board of Canada
Deadline to apply: June 28, 2013
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Under the general supervision of the Director, Corporate Communications, and following pre-determined standards and procedures or pre-set objectives, supports publicists and the team (as needed) in publicizing NFB films and institutional projects at assigned festivals, press conferences, media and public screenings, and public relations and industry functions. Contributes to key work processes, delivering specific basic assignments. Provides general administrative support to the publicists. Carries out other tasks as assigned. More information here
- Provides support to the Communications sector relating to publicizing NFB films and institutional projects at assigned festivals, press conferences, media and public screenings, and public relations and industry functions (e.g., gathering and distributing information and news releases, updating media lists, putting together media reports, coordinating interview logistics, drafting or updating publicity materials, gathering promotional material), while abiding by pre-determined standards and procedures or pre-set objectives.
- Provides general administrative support to the Communications sector (responds to requests for information; searches and provides documentation when required; orders and sends VHS or DVD copies to media; prepares and organizes bookings for events/seminars/meetings; coordinates and purchases supplies; enters budget expenditures and revenues using Oracle; coordinates and assembles press kits; archives documents in paper and electronic format; prepares media reports, etc.).
- College diploma in an appropriate discipline;
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience;
- Superior knowledge of English (grammar, spelling); ability to communicate effectively in English with people in various milieus, both inside and outside of the organization. Knowledge of French is an asset;
- Mastery of the different aspects of office work, such as writing routine correspondence, handling incoming and outgoing mail, organizing meetings and screenings, keeping an agenda;
- Competence in using office software, particularly Microsoft Office suite. Fast, accurate keyboarding skills;
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials is an asset;
- Ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure, manage a heavy work load and efficiently manage own priorities along with the department’s urgent requests;
Interested candidates with the above qualifications are invited to apply in writing, including a copy of their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, BY JUNE 28, 2013.
Various job openings for CBC’s “George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight”. Deadline to apply: June 25
Producer, assigned as Senior Producer
Headline and Promo Producer
Senior Coordinator, Public Programmes Deadline: June 21
Administrative Assistant Cinemas / Office Coordinator, Festival Venue Operations Deadline: June 24
Senior Marketing Manager (Festivals and Public Programmes) Deadline: June 26
Facilities Office / Operations Assistant Deadline: June 26
Senior Coordinator, Government and Foundation Relations Deadline: June 28
Help Desk Assistant Deadline: July 5
Assistant Manager, Cinemas Deadline: July 5